About Huntsman Heroes
Join the Huntsman Heroes team, composed of dedicated athletes and supporters, of all athletic levels, local and out-of-state, who all share the same commitment and goal - eradicating cancer from this earth. The team trains, fundraises, and participates in several partner events and Huntsman Cancer Foundation (HCF) signature events to make a meaningful impact in the fight against cancer. You can also join the Huntsman Heroes team as a Virtual Hero, and participate in your own event, wherever you are, and continue to fundraise and support Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). 100% of funds raised are used to support cancer research at HCI.
100% of funds raised are used to further cancer research at Huntsman Cancer Institute, and all donations are tax deductible.
- No Partner Event Fee
- Huntsman Heroes covers event costs with partnered events
- Guaranteed Event Entry
- Skip the lottery, our team has guaranteed entry to events like Little Red Riding Hood and LOTOJA
- Weekly Training Events | Running November – May | Cycling March – June
- Meet with team coaches who set up training routes and provide course support
- Training Guide and Schedule
- Team Jersey ($500 fundraising and above, $1,000 for LoToJa)
- Personal Fundraising Web Page
- Reach your fundraising goal by collecting and tracking donations online
- Fundraising Incentives
- Team jerseys, jackets, cycling bibs, and more!
- VIP Tent at the Finish Line
- Celebrate your victory with food, cold drinks, and massages when you cross the finish line
Fundraising Requirements for Partner Events
As a member of the Huntsman Heroes team, you agree to raise a minimum amount for certain events and distances. Don’t worry, fundraising is easier than it seems! We have lots of tips and tools to help you go above and beyond your fundraising goal in our TOOLKIT.
- 5K, 10K, and Kids K Distances - $250
- ½ Marathon, Marathon, Cycling Ride - $500
- LOTOJA $1,000
Note: Huntsman Cancer Foundation Signature events (including Pink Park City and the Huntsman SportsFest) don’t have minimum fundraising requirements to participate.
The best incentive for raising money is that we are that much closer to eradicating cancer. To add a little more fun to the mix, check out these incentives!
$500 – Huntsman Heroes Team Jersey
$1,000 – Huntsman Heroes Team Jacket or Cycling Bibs
From beginners to seasoned athletes, our annual running and cycling training programs will help you take on a variety of endurance challenges. Our team coaches create a schedule and map out weekly training routes to make sure you are confident and ready for race day.
Why Support Huntman Cancer Institute
With management of the Utah Population Database (UPDB), HCI houses the world’s largest repository of health and genealogic records in the world. More genetic mutations for inherited cancers have been discovered at HCI than anywhere else in the world. The genes for breast, ovarian, melanoma, head and neck cancer, colon cancer, and more, all discovered here. LEARN MORE
By funding efforts to better understand the beginnings of cancer and more effectively treat cancer, you help relieve suffering and improve the quality of life for cancer patients, survivors, and their families when you give. Cancer patients, caregivers, and donors are encouraged to come together in a myriad of ways to fight cancer individually and collectively through fundraising programs and events like Huntsman Heroes.